Thursday, November 3, 2022

My Top 5 News Sources

 


#1 CNN
    This is the main major news source that is always on at home especially if something major has happened in the US or in the world my parents turn on CNN. Also when I was in high school my Government class would always show the top 5 news stories on CNN. I particularly like Don Lemon he does great coverage of the world around us and I remember my parents like watching Don Lemon tonight.  While I am not huge into news CNN would have to be my major news source since I am kind of always around it.

#2 Instagran
    I am honestly always on my phone and my most used app by far is Instagram and while it is not a tradition news source I do see a lot of breaking news on here first rather than anywhere else. The appeal to me about Instagram is they give you very quick headlines and breaking news and while that might lead to omission of some facts if I am very interested in the topic I will look it up on other sites to see the full scope of the situation. My favorite news page would be Roca News they give you around five news stories a day and all in one post and they are kind of concise and easy to read. My other favorite pages would be CNN and ESPN for sports.

#3 ESPN
    While I know ESPN doesn't cover traditional news like politics and world events I am very interested in sports particular basketball and football so I am always checking here for that type of news. ESPN in my opinion is probably the biggest sports reporting company so they always seem to have the inside scoop one of my favorite ESPN correspondents is Adrian Wojnarowski  his twitter always post breaking news for the NBA whether it is a trade or a head coach decisions he is generally the first to know. I also regularly read the articles they post especially if it is about a team I like or even if it is about the league as a whole I always the articles a good read.

#4 BBC
    I am not huge into European or even British news but my aunt who lives in the UK sends me articles from here all the of stuff she finds interesting. During Brexit I actually would check articles from the BBC sort of often as well since I was very interested in how the process would go down and stuff like that. Even when I was in high school we had to learn about other governments and when we started to discuss the UK government we looked daily at news for the UK and we primarily used BBC. While I do not know which way politically BBC leans I like the way they offer their information and I do not find it a difficult read.

#5 NBC 4 Washington
    This the main local news source that my family uses. The station is normally on late at night when my parents are seeing the snapshots of what happened during the day. If there is a snowstorm or a rainstorm the station will probably be on all day to watch the coverage and see how long it is going to last. I remember when I was younger I would turn on this station whenever it snows to see if my county would cancel classes for the day and one anchor on the show Pat Collins would walk around areas of Maryland looking for cool snowmen and if he did he would hand out a "Pat Collins" snow stick while I sadly never got one I always enjoyed that segment he did on snow days.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology:How it has affected me

 In 2022, it feels like technology seems to follow me wherever I go. Whether I am at the house, library, or even the coffee shop, there are ...